Tuesday, September 16, 2008

RIP Nannie

This weekend my Great-Grandma Nannie passed away at 100 years old in Mobile, Alabama. Her real name was Fannie Bell Bolling and damn was she a fire cracker!  Nannie's humor and personality were quite unique for a woman of her age.  And for those of you that knew her you know what I'm talking about.  I can honestly say she is the funniest person I have ever met.  She was a loving woman who made the world's best fudge and crab cakes!  Her spirit and humor will live on in many of us that knew and loved her.  I will miss you very much Nannie and love you with all my heart!  Like my grandma Jojo said, "Well your Nannie has gone to heaven... and heaven will be a much livelier place now." And wow is she right!  Here are a few pictures of Nannie over the years, enjoy! Rest In Peace Fannie Bell Bolling!



3 comments:

Ann said...

I know where you get a lot of your personality from, Emily. We all loved Nannie so much. Hope she and Aunt Louise can have some fun together!!! The over 100 year old crowd. Thanks for the picts.

Helen & Len said...

Emily, your Nannie sounds a lot like our Aunt Louise, who also lived past 100 yrs. She too was lively and ahead of herself as a women in her time. So carry on these attributes as a woman in this generation. With love and prayers, Grandma Helen.

Anonymous said...

What a nice piece you wrote about Nannie. Angie just saw it here in Dallas as we are on our way to Nannie's memorial service in Mobile. Those pictures of you and Nannie are priceless! Angie said it almost made her cry. Love, Dad-o