This week marks the start of Golden Week where the Chinese celebrate the National Day of the People’s Republic of China when the PRC was on October 1st, 1949. As a result, the school closes and all the students travel home but most importantly I get the entire week off! I’m told that traveling can be a nightmare with everyone in the country traveling during this time. I got a sneak peak for myself as I looked out my window this morning and saw about a hundred people waiting at one of the many bus stops on campus. It was a mad house as buses came and went with students running after the over crowded buses, trying to squeeze through the doors for one more spot. Some students sat on the ground with their head in their laps while others stood waiting. I’m leaving for Shanghai today and taking the train there so we shall see how this traveling pans out! I’ll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope you have a great trip Emmy!
Miss You
Atron
Post a Comment