
December definitely snuck up on me way too quickly this year. There is only 2 more weeks in the semester and then it is winter break baby!!!!
Winter break = 2 month paid vacation!
Since October I have been figuring out how to plan my 2 month vacation. For most of you reading this you are probably cursing my name right now, planning on writing me hate mail for Christmas. But what you didn't factor in is how will I actually AFFORD a 2 month vacation on the salary I am making now?!? Now you don't feel so bad do you...
That is why I chose the cheapest place to travel to, THAILAND! It has been in the news recently with the political protests and shutting down of the airport but things seem to have cooled down and the airport has been re-opened. Let's pray it stays that way! Currently, I am scheduled to fly out of China on the 22nd of December to Bangkok and then to the island of Koh Samui. I am traveling with the other Associate Instructor, Jimmy and we are staying on the island until January 4th and then who knows after that! It really depends on how much money I haven't drank, shopped or beached away at that point.
We have been perusing the Lonely Planet on the cheapest and safest, of course, way to do our trip because the longest vacation I have ever gone on is 2 weeks! For those of you still cursing my name, try planning a 2 month vacation on my salary and let me know what you come up with! I am open to suggestions!!!

3 comments:
Hey emily, Should we hold off on sending your care package, or will they hold it for you?
They will hold it for me but you might just want to wait until Feb to send it when I get back. It takes about 2 weeks for stuff to get here so if you do want to send it then I would do it soon. PS on the customs form it asks you how much the package is worth... make sure to put less then $50 or they will hold it in customs. Thanks Kim!!! I really appreciate it!
Dear Emileeeee!
In just a few days your going to set out on another big adventure and I think you're going to have the time of your life. The beach, the sun, all the Scandinavians in Thailand (lol) - while we struggle through the cold weather and eat way too much food! Like I told you before I wouldn't mind joining you:)
From all of us over here in Norway and Sweden; Have merry christmas and a wonderful and fun new year!!
Be safe and hopefully by the time you're back in Nanjing I've bought my ticket to come see you.
Love you, sweetie!
xoxo Anette
Post a Comment