Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

Well first of all I want to say Merry Christmas to my family and friends! Second, I made it safe to Thailand and have been hanging out at the beach the last two days. Getting here took a long time, from waking up at 4am in China to finally getting to our hotel at 11pm in Thailand. I had to leave my apartment in Nanjing at 5am and take a taxi to the train station, then took a 2 hour train to Shanghai, got in a taxi to the travel agent to pick up the tickets, rode in another taxi to the train station, then took the maglev bullet train to the Shanghai airport (it went 430km/hr, only taking 10 minutes!), took a 4.5 hour airplane to Bangkok, rechecked our bags in Bangkok, took another 45 minute airplane to Koh Samui and then a 30 minute taxi to our hotel!!!! How is that for traveling!

The next day, Jimmy and I went to the beach and hungout there all day, swimming in the ocean and soaking up the sun. We got a massage on the beach to work out all the kinks of China and man did it help! Then we ate a delicious Thai meal of sweet and sour prawns that were the size of my hand! Yesterday was about the same but we ended up going over to another part of the island and going out and met a sweet couple from Scotland and celebrated Christmas Eve at the bar!

The plan today was to wake up and rent motorbikes and explore the island, maybe hitting up a few temples or waterfalls. But with my luck, it has been raining all day! It cleared up for a little bit and we went to rent the bikes, just as Jimmy was finishing signing the papers a downpore hit! So luckily the lady was really nice and we cancelled out. It looks like I won't be spending Christmas on the beach today but instead watching DVD's and very bad reality shows! (Hey at least they are in English!)

Anyways, I hope to put up some pictures soon but in the meantime, Merry Christmas and I miss you all! Happy Holidays from Thailand!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you made it safe! Happy holidays and happy adventures.
Where will you be for the new year?

Ann said...

Hi Emily,
We all missed you at home. Hope you have great weather for your bike trip. The shrimp sound awesome.
Love,
Mom